Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Lisa's Summary

LISA’S SUMMARY
Well! I survived a whole 10 weeks with the same 5 people in the same vehicle, (well, 3 if you count the couple hours in the rental cars) living & sleeping in the same camper, day after day. Now THAT’S quite an accomplishment. & we still sort of like each other, too. No injuries or anything like that yet. I’d say that’s pretty good!
I would have to say that the highlights on this trip were Yellowstone, Mesa Verde, Banff, & Jasper, just to name a few. Yellowstone would definitely be at the top of my list. I’d never seen anything like the thermal activity there. It was amazing, that mixed with the beautiful scenery & wildlife. Mesa Verde was pretty neat, too, and a great educational experience. And Banff & Jasper had just beautiful scenery. I also enjoyed Bryce & Arches, they were pretty incredible. And the flash flood in Zion was awesome. But definitely the most beautiful & spectacular sites were the natural things. Which is why, if we could have done anything different, I might have chosen not to go to Branson, MO. In the time we were there, we could have done other things elsewhere. And we should have also spent more time on Vancouver Island as well.
All in all, I think it was a great experience for me, as well as the rest of the family. Sure, we argued some, but for the most part we got along pretty well. I learned a lot about my family, maybe a bit more than necessary. J The mechanical problems were definitely a setback & didn’t give us as much time in Canada, but we made it through that. The weather was amazingly compatible, hardly any rain (until Glacier) that really prevented us from doing something. It’s a trip I will never forget, no matter how hard I try. Haha, just kidding…..-posted by Lisa

No comments: