Sunday, July 29, 2012

Travis and Alana's House Closing


July 24, 25 (Iowa City and Kalona)
Today was the big day of settlement for Travis and Alana’s house, which we needed to go to also.  (since he’s a student and Alana officially doesn’t have a job yet, they needed someone to co-sign).  So we met them up there for that and then went to their house and unloaded the truck with all their stuff they brought from AK.  It didn’t take long.  It’s a sweet little house, and a perfect size for them.  They were soon going to leave then to go to her parents in Danville, IL (about a four hour drive), and I dropped Roger off at the airport.  Travis and Alana were going to pick up all the wedding gifts they had left at her parents last summer, and get some furniture her parents had for them.  They wanted it all together before they decided what they needed yet for their house.
Roger was leaving to go pick up Renae at Joliet airport, and they were flying to Oshkosh, WI to the air show which is all this week.  He hadn’t planned to do that when we left on this trip, but someone reminded him of the dates, and it fit so perfectly, he couldn’t pass it up!  J  He asked and was granted some more vacation.  I wasn’t sure how I was going to get home then, but ended up leaving Wednesday morning with my cousin Marcus Miller and his wife Beth, who were going to Lancaster County anyway. 
And now I am home!  And happy to be here.  It was an awesome trip, totally.  J  Roger keeps saying it’s the best trip he has ever taken, and I’d say I probably have to agree.  I wasn’t too sure about it at the beginning and had even said at one point that I don’t think I’ll go.  But I am very glad I did.  I was sometimes not very comfortable in that single engine plane, especially going through the mountains, but it got us where we needed to go and did a fantastic job.  And I knew I could trust my husband to take no chances and be as safe as possible.  And it was good for us as a couple to spend some quality time together!  Thank you God for a safe trip and a great time!  JOLENE
Their Fist House - Please Sign Here.

No comments: