Sunday, July 29, 2012

ARE WE STILL MARRIED?

31 Years and Counting.

HOW IS YOUR MARRIAGE?
This is the questions a person asked me when he asked to look at my aircraft in Fairbanks, AK where I bought some oil.  After seeing Jolene crawl out and head for the restrooms, he peered in at the size and asked where we came from and where we were goingWhen I told him is when he asked how our marriage was and if we were still married.  As Jolene said it was the best vacation I believe I ever had.  I forgot about emails, and doing anything connected to work – and was even completely out of keeping up on the news.  Did we invade any other country while I was gone???  I actually feel a bit “out of the loop”, but it was a really good vacation.  We didn’t know where we would be many nights and just “winged” it day by day.  We ended up places we hadn’t planned, but it was a lot of fun.  I sat forward of Jolene and we had headsets and an intercom to talk.  I had access to the intercom switch and she did not, so if she was saying something I didn’t want to hear I could turn it OFF.  I never turned it off and only thought about it briefly once or twice.  Really we had a great trip, and it was fun spending that time together – I’m sure glad Jolene came along!  Where next Jolene - Antarctica?  YES WE ARE STILL MARRIED.  - ROGER

No comments: