Sunday, July 29, 2012

ARE WE STILL MARRIED?

31 Years and Counting.

HOW IS YOUR MARRIAGE?
This is the questions a person asked me when he asked to look at my aircraft in Fairbanks, AK where I bought some oil.  After seeing Jolene crawl out and head for the restrooms, he peered in at the size and asked where we came from and where we were going.  When I told him is when he asked how our marriage was and if we were still married.  As Jolene said it was the best vacation I believe I ever had.  I forgot about emails, and doing anything connected to work – and was even completely out of keeping up on the news.  Did we invade any other country while I was gone???  I actually feel a bit “out of the loop”, but it was a really good vacation.  We didn’t know where we would be many nights and just “winged” it day by day.  We ended up places we hadn’t planned, but it was a lot of fun.  I sat forward of Jolene and we had headsets and an intercom to talk.  I had access to the intercom switch and she did not, so if she was saying something I didn’t want to hear I could turn it OFF.  I never turned it off and only thought about it briefly once or twice.  Really we had a great trip, and it was fun spending that time together – I’m sure glad Jolene came along!  Where next Jolene - Antarctica?  YES WE ARE STILL MARRIED.  - ROGER

No comments: