Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July 17

RENAE:
Honestly nothing much happened today. We got up and saw another beautiful sunrise, ate breakfast, and packed up. There are the cutest, adorablest little kids EVER here. I tried to talk to them but they don’t know English and just waved and laughed at me. Well, we left into the most desolate country I’ve ever seen in my life. No water, no trees, and hardly any wildlife besides a few gemsbok here and there. It’s so boring that all anyone does much is sleep in the car, although we did get to the coast and stopped at Cape Cross to see the seal colony there. That I must say was pretty neat, but they were all swimming. All you can see are the tons of seal heads bob under the water when a wave comes, and let me tell you they are the smelliest animals I have ever smelled—even worse than pigs and chickens combined, and, believe me, I have experience with both of them. I also really miss good water. This treated crap doesn’t taste that good. We got to Swakopmund and stayed at a hostel there. The padres went out to eat while the rest of us made our own supper of mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and sautéed veggies. And now it is tomorrow morning and we are on our way to go sand boarding on some humungo dunes and I’m really excited.
Renae

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww renie, i miss you so much! sounds like you are having loads of fun! i just got back today..ugh i had to sleep in an airport, AGAIN cuz they messed up our hotel voucher. airports these days are pretty much crap. on a brighter note, i am now officially the proud traveler of all 50 US states! lol when you come back i shall have to tell you more about my adventures as you tell me about yours!
love and miss you!
rebecca:]