Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July 15

LISA:
I have been informed that Mom and I have only blogged 4 times, while everyone else has blogged 5 times, besides Dad, who has blogged 8 times. So here I am. I guess I will blog (blog is not included in the Microsoft Word dictionary. Therefore, it should not exist) as I sit here soaking my foot. I had the good fortune to step on a thorn that went ½ inch into my left foot today. It’s really grand.

Anyway, I would say that Namibia is not so very bad, although Travis is generally a whiny character. Tehe. No, actually I was pretty asleep yesterday, but not today. We got up and packed in record time (literally). The hour time difference helped. We got into Etosha pretty early, and then found a waterhole with some zebras and 2 jackals trying to catch birds. They weren’t very successful. The Park was actually very good, as well as much more developed and full of people than Moremi. We saw tons of things. Some of the game highlights of the day were 2 springbuck fighting (which I spotted), 5 jackals surrounding some type of antelope carcass, which was difficult to see exactly what was going on (something I also spotted), 3 lions way out in the distance, and a mating pair of lions that backed up a bit when the stupid and inconsiderate guy in front of us decided to get out for a picture with the thing. Too bad it didn’t chase him. So the grand total for the lion count is 9. I’d say that’s pretty impressive. I am happy with that.

So I liked today a lot. It was probably our last opportunity to see large quantities of impressive game, which is kind of sad. We stopped at a waterhole and saw some elephants splashing themselves, and before we left the park we stopped at one more waterhole. We found our campground just out of the gate, and that is where I remain by the fire.
Lisa

No comments: