Wednesday, February 25, 2009

LIFE ROCKS - RENAE

Well hello to all! I’ve been badgered quite a lot lately to do this, so finally I’m getting around to it. We have plenty of time here, much more than at home, but it seems to go by twice as fast. Katrina and I go to a school called The Learning Centre School. It is about 2 miles from our house and we’ve been walking in the mornings a lot and getting a ride home from a friend in the afternoon. It’s not too far and the mornings aren’t that hot, but just hot enough to make you sweaty after walking. School is very different than what I’m used to. I am in a class called IUPD, which works solely on computers – kind of like being homeschooled. We only have one teacher who is in our class and she doesn’t know any of the material so it’s all self-taught. There are only 10 of us in total, and Katrina is in that class too. It’s an international school, and there are kids from all over the world in my class, which rocks to meet everyone. At first, school was not fun at all since I didn’t really know anybody, but now that I know more people, it’s a lot more enjoyable. I still don’t like the computer system…at all, but having people to talk to makes it much better. The school day starts at 7:15 but is over by 1. We don’t eat lunch here but we have a break from 11-11:30 to eat snacks and get outside. The afternoon is completely free, which is so nice. It’s weird, I have so much time now because we don’t have homework, either, but that’s something I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of.
Enough about school. I absolutely adore our house – it’s nice and cool during the day with the windows open and we have a nice backyard and I started a garden out the back and it’s just a really nice setting. I also have my own room that is much bigger than at home, and a huge closet. Besides living with my family, I also live with other wildlife – spiders and geckos. I love the geckos, there’s one in our living room right now named Franky, but I can’t stand the spiders. These aren’t just normal spiders – they’re HUGE and hairy and extremely fast – one used to be living in my room (before I killed it) and it ran into me twice when it went crazy.
Not too much else exciting has happened. Katrina and I have been youth-group-hopping and haven’t picked one yet, same with church. I’ve been meeting too many people to count. Everything here is different from the states. It’s such a different culture and I was in major culture shock for the first few weeks, but now that I’m getting used to it life is much better.
Ok, this is long enough, I’ll just close by saying this: life ROCKS!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Katrina loves the spiders so you better not kill too many....jk! Keep writing, even though you aren't getting many comments people really are reading it!

Unknown said...

Oh Renae this made me miss you and your interesting way of wording things.